UI / Visual
Hamburg / Remote
In a nutshell
As one of the most important roles in our team, you will have a significant impact on our business by leading processes, projects & team members. You will be a prime mover in the acquisition of new clients, while also delivering real added value to our existing clients. You are an expert in crafting beautiful, emotional branded expressions across diverse touchpoints, interfaces & new realities. If you're unafraid of taking the lead and being a driving force in building a Design Company from the ground up, then we can't wait to hear from you.
What You’ll be Doing
- Understand the goals, business requirements & constraints for projects
- Discovery phases with clients by conducting research, gathering requirements, and framing design problems.
- Preparation and facilitation of internal and external workshops
- Collaborate with Product Managers, strategists, Visual Designers, Developers
- Lead and defining the design vision and visual looks for projects (from defining tasks to facilitating teams to executing design vision)
- Combine various design disciplines into cohesive brand languages (including visual imagery, design approaches & corporate identities)
- Designing & concepting graphical user interfaces & interactions for mobile, tablet, web, mixed reality & wearable experiences
- Prototyping designs & design flows for digital products
- Creating & managing complex design systems & pattern libraries
- Translating visual brand languages into guidelines for clients
- Functional leadership and further development of UI / Visual Product Designers (interns and juniors)
- You’re involved in project proposals, defining work packages, sprint planning
- Customer guidance, incl. creating and holding customer presentations
- 5+ years professional experience as an UI-, Interaction-, Product or Visual Designer
- A thinker with a hands-on mentality with excellent visual design skills & love for designing emotional connections with users
- You're an expert in visual hierarchies, various graphical styles, typography, color, forms & shape
- In-depth knowledge of adapting a brand & brand's values to a living system across multiple touchpoints (UI's, Comm. Materials, etc)
- Experience prototyping interfaces
- Confident use of industry-standard tools such as Adobe CC, Sketch, Figma, Miro, Principle, Invision, etc.
- You champion craft every chance you get. Best quality is a must!
- Experience in team leadership
- You understand how to match design decisions to business objectives
- You have strong analytical design problem-solving skills and can focus on the big picture, while keeping an eye on the details.
- Very good presentation, communication and team skills
- You enjoy working independently, and know how to find answers to problems.
- Open minded, curious and staying on track with the latest visual design trends and standards
- You are an empathetic leader and care about providing direction and support in developing junior team members
- Ambition for setting standards in a young Design Studio
- Highly developed design skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work.
- You are fluent in both English & German
It would be a bonus if you had
- A relevant degree in Communication, Interaction Design or a related design discipline
- Skills in animation & utilizing motion for use in user interfaces
- Words like "Jira, Notion, Kanban, Agile & Sprints" are not foreign words
- Interest/knowledge in UX related design patterns & methodologies
- Theoretical knowledge of frontend technologies & software development processes